May 20, 2004

GBU - restored, remastered and in my hands

And last night I finally did pick up the restored, remastered edition of GBU (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). Unfortunately I couldn't watch it. Hell, I had to see the Flames make it to the Stanley Cup, didn't I? So hopefully tonight ...

The packaging of GBU is pretty cool - a nice box that includes the two discs, an eight page booklet (done widescreen style - in other words, landscape orientation), plus some movie postcards in cellophane wrape. It's very nice. My only reservations? The box is a little awkward to open because the lid fits so firmly and, because the packaging is largely white the box, it will acquire a dirty, used look easily (especially given the lid issue).

Yes, it's quibbling ... Overall, it seems quite nice. But what about the discs? I'll find out tonight ...

No comments: