July 4, 2005

Twentieth Century and ... Gina Lollobrigida?

I have no idea why, and I couldn't be bothered looking into it to come up with an answer, but when I did a general search on IMDb.com for Twentieth Century (thinking I'd get the 1934 movie) the first result was Gina Lollobrigida.

Not that I object to Gina Lollobrigida. When I was hitting puberty she was one of those celebrity women I thought was hotter than a pistol. In fact, the Gina Lollobrigida of my imagination is still hotter than a pistol.

But I've no idea why her name came up when I was searching Twentieth Century.

And all of the above is my way of getting around to saying I watched Howard Hawk's Twentieth Century tonight. And I'm still mulling it over as try to figure out what I think about it. More importantly, how I feel about it.

I don't think it was as good as I was hoping, as good as I was led to believe. But that doesn't mean it wasn't good ... just not up to what I had been expecting.

But I'm still thinking this one over.

Tag: , , ,

No comments: