December 28, 2001

Geez … It’s mid-afternoon, I’m at work, there’s lots to do, and I’m bored out of my mind. This is exactly like high school. I remember those days when, mid-afternoon, I went into the tank. No interest. No motivation. No escape. Mr. Trahan trying to teach us French and all I could do was watch the clock, the soul-denying, slow moving, "never-gonna-get-there-in-your-lifetime-kid" clock making it’s way to the end of the class like a politician approaching a commitment.

That’s where I am right now.

On another note – must get a good book on contemporary neural science.

(Where the hell did THAT come from?)

No. Really. I want to know more about the brain. I also want to know about neural modeling and data interpretation and data mining and so on.

Why? Well, let’s just say it’s less easy to manipulate people who know how you’re trying to manipulate them. (This sounds more paranoid than is typical of me.) Besides, I find this stuff fascinating.

No comments: