June 12, 2005

Star Trek: Insurrection – TV episode? Movie? Does it matter?

I just wrote a review of Star Trek: Insurrection, a movie I had completely forgotten about. I was quickly reminded once it was released in the current two-disc package.

And you know something? I liked it more now than when I had first seen it.

Although it still has the same problems, the biggest being it’s an episode of The Next Generation series and not really a movie. Yes, bigger budget, bigger screen, but an episode of TNG nonetheless.

But is that really such a bad thing? I’m beginning to think not. Maybe you need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy a film like this – I don’t know. But I do know I liked it despite having serious reservations about it.

One of Insurrection's strong points? No Borg.

Here’s my review.

Tag: ,

No comments: