August 20, 2005

Housekeeping and some new old movies

The Bad and the Beautiful (1952)I've just re-posted some reviews I did a while back of three older movies, all of which are thoroughly enjoyable - at least in my books. They are:

- The Bad and the Beautiful (1952)
- Destry Rides Again (1939)
- Auntie Mame (1958)

They're also three very different movies - a kind of melodramatic noir piece, a comedic western and ... well, IMDB calls describes Auntie Mame as comedy/drama.

Also ... a while back I mentioned that Classic Movies had a tribute to William Powell. Well, there is also a tribute up now to Myrna Loy. Could anyone not love Myrna Loy?

Finally ... I've watched all the movies in The Complete Thin Man Collection and I give it a big thumbs up. Have a look at John Puccio's review on DVD Town.

Tag: , , ,

No comments: