August 16, 2005

Reluctant about this week's DVD releases

DVD cover My Left Foot - Special EditionSo two movies are out tomorrow on DVD and in both cases I want to see them but I don't want to see them. Very curious.

The one that's really being hyped is Sin City. Yes, I know I'm supposed to love it but I also know that I have a bias against these kinds of movies. That's partly due to the hype. I'd like to be able to judge it on its own merits but that's hard to do when you see something amid a swirl of hype.

And as I've mentioned before, I hated that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow so much that it's kind of turned me against films like this. Well, at least I'm aware of my bias. But I will see Sin City so we should find out soon what I actually think about it.

The other movie I'm curious about is My Left Foot, coming out in a special edition tomorrow. Based on the subject matter, I'm not anxious to see it. Based on the reviews, I'm very keen to see it.

Well, I guess I find out what I think of both these movies tomorrow ... or, if life is not permitting, in the very near future.

Tag: ,

No comments: