January 28, 2006

I'm still watching older movies

It appears from my last few posts that all I'm watching is new movies. But actually, that's not quite the case. It's true I go in phases where I go for a period focused on older films then a new phase of newer ones, but the last few posts are a bit misleading. They appear to be all recent releases. But ...

One of the best of the discs I've watched recently was High Sierra (1940) ... that's the one that kind of got Humphrey Bogart going and it's absolutely wonderful. I don't know if I'll get around to writing about it, but just so you know (if you don't already), it's a bit of a noir piece.

I'm also in the process of working my way through Sam Peckinpah's the Legendary Westerns, a collection of four of his films of which I've so far watched Ride the High Country and The Ballad of Cable Hogue.

Anyway ... the point is, I am watching a good variety of new and old, I just haven't had the time to post about them.

But I'll try! I'll try!

Tags: , , ,

No comments: