May 14, 2005

Three movies, three decades - which to choose!

I got a little sidetracked today and wandered into the DVD area of a certain store and ... Well, darn it if they didn't have a sale and darn it if they didn't have a fistful of discs I'd been wanting to get.

"It's not my fault Mr. Bank Manager. They took advantage of my weakness."

Anyway ... I could have been a lot weaker. As it is, I restricted myself to three movies covering three different decades.

- Gunga Din (1939 - Cary Grant)
- Easter Parade (1948 - Fred Astaire, Judy Garland)
- The Americanization of Emily (1964 - Julie Andrews, James Garner)

The question now is - which one to watch tonight? (I may even watch two - but which ones?) I'm leaning towards Cary. But we'll see.

(By the way, it's fortunate these are available now because a number of the newer films that have been released on DVD recently haven't exactly excited me.)

Tag: , , ,

No comments: